Picture Recovery from Corrupted Memory Card
Memory cards have become an inevitable storage media on various portable devices like mobile phones, cameras, GPS navigators, handheld consoles, etc. There are different types of memory cards available in the market nowadays. SD (Standard Digital), CF (Compact Flash), MMC (Multi Media Card), etc. are some examples of popular types of memory cards used in portable devices. Small size, portability, high storage capacity, good data rates, etc. are some key features of presently used memory cards.
Instead of keeping precious photos on computer hard drives, many of you tend to keep such things on memory cards itself. Well, there are certain advantages and disadvantages for this. Portability is the main advantage of this. At the same time, it is not possible to avoid the drawbacks of this tendency. Corruption of memory card is one among them. In these days, a lot of people have complained about the loss of pictures from their corrupted memory card. What they all needed is a tool that is optimized for recovering pictures from corrupted memory card. If you are one among them answer is yes, this guide is intended for you.
Anyone of you has heard about Samsung Camera Recovery tool? It is a powerful tool that you can used to recover pictures from corrupted memory card without any complex procedures. This software has a very simple Graphical User Interface (GUI). This GUI allows users to retrieve images from corrupted memory card consisting of all popular image formats such as JPEG, PNG, TIFF, PSD, GIF, etc. For instance, you can recover JPEG files from SD card without losing file name and quality.
Scenarios that Corrupts a Memory Card
- Limited Memory: Suppose you are taking pictures continuously without considering the fact that there is only a limited memory on the memory card. This activity may even result in the corruption of memory card.
- Use in Multiple Devices: The use of same memory card on multiple devices is another reason for the corruption of a memory card. Some devices require the memory card to be formatted before use.
- Malicious Programs: Memory card may also get corrupted if it is affected by malicious programs in an extremely risky level.
- Camera Malfunction: If the camera which is used for capturing pictures has got malfunctioned, the memory card used on that camera may also get corrupted.
- Improper Ejection: Ejecting memory card without switching off the camera is another possible reason for memory card corruption.
- Transfer Errors: If you switch off the camera during transfer of pictures has been taking place, your memory card may get corrupted as a result.
Peerless Features of Samsung Camera Recovery Tool
- You can recover pictures from corrupted memory card from different types of memory cards such as SD, MMC, xD, CF, etc. in a hassle free manner.
- Restoring pictures from corrupted memory card can be done from memory cards formatted with various file systems such as ExFAT, FAT32, FAT16, NTFS etc.
- You can use this tool on various smartphone brands for image recovery from memory cards. Samsung Galaxy S3 photo recovery is a fine example of the wide application area of this tool.
- Through this software, you can preview the recovered image files before restoring them to a safe location.
- You can recover pictures from corrupted memory card on several operating systems of both Windows and Mac platforms.
- To get back images from corrupted memory card using this software, users do not have to possess any technical expertise. The interface of this tool is self-explanatory and anyone can perform the process of recovering images from corrupted memory card without asking for any help from the technical team.
- You can sort recovered data on the basis of name of the file, file size, modification date and file extension.
- It is only require a nominal disk space of 50 MB for the installation of this tool. The recommended memory for installation is 1 GB.
Steps to recover pictures from corrupted memory card
Step 1: Download and install the software on your compouter. Connect your corrupted memor card and Lacuh the software. From the home screen select “Recover Photos” option.
Figure 1 : Home Screen
Step 2: Now choose “Recover Lost Photos” option from the next screen.
Figure 2 : Recover Deleted/ Lost Photos
Step 3: Now, select the corrupted memory card and click on the "forward" arrow at the bottom right corner of the screen to start scanning.
Figure 3 : Select Corrupted Memory Card
Step 4: After the scanning, you can view the list of recoverable images.
Figure 4 : Preview Recoverable Images
Step 5: Now, save the pictures on your computer which you want to recover after purchasing the full version.
Figure 5 : Save Recovered Images